Wednesday, July 21, 2010

For the Children: Free at Papalino's on Weds.

A couple months ago, the CJ published an article called "Pizza Wars: Slicing Up the Highlands" (no longer available online, but you can buy it here if you need to have it), covering the heating up of the pizza competition in my immediate neighborhood after the opening of Papalino's pizza.  The article just covered Wicks, Spinelli's, and Papalino's, but when you think about it, the Baxter/Bardstown corridor has more pizza than some similar stretches in NYC.  Just off the top of my head:


  • Spinelli's
  • Wick's
  • Papalino's
  • Bearno's
  • Boom-bozz
  • Pizza Roma
  • Impellizeri's
  • Pizza Hut


And other restaurants that serve pizza including: Dragon King's Daughter (sorta), Le Gallo Rosso, and Flanagan's.  I'm sure I'm missing a few.

I'm a huge fan of Papalino's.  Between their lovely NYC-style crust, their HUGE slices, and the fresh ingredients, it's become my go-to pizza joint (it's also very close to my house).

Today they announced that on Wednesday's from 5pm-9pm, kids will eat free with an "adult purchase" (it's a little unclear what that entails). Kids will get a slice and a drink and free entertainment by a magician starting today and every Wednesday.

Another blow in the Pizza Wars.  And another great reason to take the wee ones out on the town.

No comments: